Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Happy Birthday, Sister West....Happy Birthday to Who?????"

I found out yesterday that I'm not the only Sister West in the NYNYS Mission! Two weeks ago a young "Sister West" arrived! The elders and sisters in our district planned a breakfast prior to our district meeting. As we finished Elder Warner gave the pitch and all of the missionaries started singing "Happy Birthday." I joined in not knowing who we were singing to and then they sang my name! After hugs and the presentation of a homemade card they had all signed, I was able to thank them all for such a sweet surprise since my birthday isn't until September. Sister Folsom had seen the new Sister West's birthday at the mission office and assumed it was me since we don't use our first names. They made my day! It's such a treat to be working with such a fantastic group of missionaries in the Queensboro Zone.

No comments: