Thursday, March 19, 2009

His Gift That Keeps on Giving

For my birthday last September, Chas gave me something he knew I was really missing from home, a bird feeder. I have loved working on lessons at my study desk and looking out at our backyard visitors. We have many sparrows, blackbirds, doves and bluebirds, but my favorite are these brilliant red cardinals. We have several pair that feed here, the colorful males, and adoring females!

I am also fascinated by the bushy squirrels that stop by to glean the seed on the ground and check out our back porch. We have become famous and our place is flocked! Thanks for knowing what I need and providing it Chas, for much more than just "tuppence a bag." In this bustling city I have loved our backyard friends this winter.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Those pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your present.