Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pioneers in Richmond Hill

Last Saturday we helped with a Pioneer Day Celebration at Richmond Hill. The YW had a bake sale to earn money for Girl's Camp. I baked cupcakes all morning and our apartment was so hot, but it was really fun. I was wishing Shelby and Annahlise were there to help me decorate them! They all sold in about 5 minutes during a fun auction and the YW made close to $200.00 to help 7 go to camp! Pioneer soap carving, candle dipping, and water-balloon volleyball were some of the fun activities during the afternoon. Hot dogs were gobbled up by a hungry crowd as quick as Brother Packard could grill them. I opted to try a charred one, and it was pretty good! I asked our Astoria leader, Bishop Glass if we celebrated pioneer day here in NY. He told me, "We are all pioneers here and consider each day Pioneer Day." That is true and I have thought a great deal about his statement and want to remember it. We love the Saints at Richmond Hill, especially President and Sister Errazo. One of their two daughters is pictured above. Thanks for inviting us to your wonderful celebration! We feel a great Spirit from these dedicated members.

No comments: