Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Thanks Mom for being the best...to understand that I'm a day, at least behind! David O McKay said this about all Mom's, but it applies to my Mom who is perfection. "Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world." My Mom is the ultimate care-giver, hostess, homemaker, and example of everything that's important to me. My Dad is everything a Dad should be too! I've always felt so lucky to be so blessed. My Mother-in-law passed away several years ago and I loved how giving and generous she was. Chas's favorite memories of his mother all go back to her love and commitment to her family. We both are so thankful for our parents. Thanks Mom and Dad for all you have given, sacrificed, and shared. It's been especially wonderful for us to serve in NY where my parents served in 92-93. We love you both lots. I also wanted to share what the awesome Astoria Ward Bishopric gave me for Mother's Day. They took the money they has set aside to buy flowers or chocolates for all the women in our ward and doubled it. They gave a donation to Hour Children from the Astoria Ward Relief Society Sisters. It is located in Long Island City, within the Astoria Ward boundaries. They offer help and services to incarcerated mothers and their children. Our Relief Society has served there and so it was especially touching to all of the sisters. I thought if every bishopric in the Church felt so inspired think of all the good we could do! Thank you for such a loving and powerful Mother's Day gift, Astoria Ward Bishopric. While I'm saying "thank you," all of our children sent cards and called, Mom and Dad sent darling notes, and my thoughtful companion planted a beautiful flower bed in our front garden for me to enjoy all summer. Thanks to our landlord Sal who is willing to pay for the flowers, if we'll do the work. Now that's a win win for Charles West! (Pictures upcoming ) Thanks for all your support. I feel very loved!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a lovely tribute to your parents - and a beautiful picture! You are certainly a product of your parents - both handsome people.