Saturday, November 15, 2008

MORE "TRICK 'r TREAT" FUN

How glad we are that handsome Shane and good witch, Jen, our oldest daughter, sent Halloween pictures! Our grandson, Jake was the Mad Hatter, Shelby, the mermaid, Arielle, and blond Lizzie was Snow White! They along with some of their ward friends visited my parents for some treats. My Dad is not costumed, but he is the energizer bunny who just won't give up. He has suffered from renal cell carcinoma for over 12 years. My Mom is an angel who has cared so lovingly for him, especially since last summer. When we were called to serve, my parents and our children helped us decide it was the right time for all of us. My parents served in the New York City Mission in '92-'93, (before it was divided) with Elder and Sister Child. Because of that we have been thankful to follow in their footsteps. We celebrated Christmas with them before said our good-byes and entered the MTC last December. Jen and Shane have been there to help and serve Mom and Dad and we are so thankful to each of them for all their support. We are grateful Dad has been able to bless our children as a patriarch, and seal them to their husbands and wives. He served in the temple as a sealer till the end of August and as a patriarch till September, a tender mercy for all our family. Now for a shout-out..."Happy Birthday, Craig!" My older brother, who I love with all my heart, turned 57, celebrated with my parents and they all went out for lunch together along with my father's hospice care giver. Dad you're amazing, and we love you tons. He's always up for a party!!! Craig and Mom know how to throw one too.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh what a fun picture with your Dad! You must be so thankful that there are angels there to look after him while you are serving the Lord.